Pages

Monday 10 March 2014

Cafés and Coffees



I love nothing more than taking my notebook or ipad into a cafe and whiling a way an hour writing, getting a caffeine hit and relaxing.  I really struggle to find good places where I live though, both in England and in Scotland. I've even been driven to designing my own perfect cafe, which will provably live in the pages of my notebook forever more! It's a greatest hits, the best bits of every cafe I've been to. Think of it as a Lee Super Cafe!

Many of these best bits are taken from cafés in Melbourne, which is excactly where I am writing this now.  The atmosphere in most Melbourne cafés is a friendly, very relaxed atmosphere with a real rustic charm. Great, but sleep-deprivingly strong coffee is standard and the food is normally a pretty decent whether it be breakfast, lunch or a snack.

From Brunswick to St Kilda you can take a chance and walk into a cafe and the chances are it will be spot on and the perfect place to take the weight off your feet and enjoy a rest. And that's what a cafe should be. Maybe one day I'll be writing about the opening of my cafe but the likelihood is I'll keep writing in and trying to enjoy other peoples. The search for the perfect cafe isn't such a bad search to be in!

Lee x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...