Pages

Friday 22 March 2013

Earth Hour


 
The 23rd of March – apart from my brother’s Birthday –  is also when Earth Hour is held.  In Malaysia, where I am at the moment, it is a big thing and from 8:30-9:30pm iconic buildings to normal houses will switch off their lights for 1 hour.   

The event was launched by World Wide Fund for Nature and was launched in Australia in 2007. Since then the Sydney Opera House, Petronas Towers and Houses of Parliament have all plunged themselves into darkness.

In Asia, fairy lights and displays are much more prevalent than in Europe and I do love seeing it but environmentally, of course it is not ideal.  The picture below is of the hotel stay in over here!

Working in an industry which is trying to make both F1 and road cars more environmentally friendly I do try and do my bit as and when I can when I am away and am a strong believer that if we all do a little bit and show willing then it can become part of our daily life.

For more information about what is happening in your country and how you can get involved later today have a look here http://www.earthhour.org/
Lee x


1 comment:

  1. Hi Lee

    I was enjoying your blog, but it stopped! Hope you can write some more soon...


    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...