Pages

Thursday 14 March 2013

F1 Is Back




We had a lovely dinner with Mark Webber in St Kilda the other night. He is one of the nicest guys in the sport and the fact that he took the time to treat some of us to a night out at his home grand prix – his busiest week of the year – says it all.

Yesterday morning I went to a beach bar to interview Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg.  Sadly the weather was pretty overcast and cold when we were filming but in typical style by the time we left, the sun was blazing!

It was my first day in the paddock of the year and it was pretty full on. I interviewed over ten of the 22 drivers which is no mean feat. The day gets broken down into ten minute sections and every ten minutes is a different interviewee, although sometimes they do clash!  It means you have to be super-organised and done your research as you are charging from one interview to the next with little breathing space in between.

We left the circuit at around 8pm last night and heading out for a quick dinner on Acland Street.

This morning I came into the track at 10am which is not normal for a race weekend but everything starts later at the Australian Grand Prix so we get the benefit of a long-lie for this race.  I will watch the 3 hours of practice sessions whilst writing my scripts for tonight’s Inside F1 show that I present on the BBC News Channel. It goes out at 6:45pm in the UK every Friday and Saturday on a race weekend. I’m also doing some interviews after the practice sessions too.  Basically I can relax a bit until the end of FP2 and then I get manically busy!

So for now I will go back into script writing mode and watch some cars!

Lee x

1 comment:

  1. Excellent blog, Lee. I like the racing, but I'm also a bit of an anorak. So it's great to hear more about what goes on behind the scenes at an F1 weekend. Looking forward to more insights during the course of 2013. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...