Pages

Saturday 9 March 2013

Off to the Races...


 
So it is time for the first pack of the season.  A double header of Australia and Malaysia – only 2 weeks away but 8 TV programmes, other filming, sweltering heat and tropical rain makes it a tricky one when it comes to being sparing with the suitcase weight!

As Britain focuses on snow and returns to winter, I am wondering how I will cope with the 30c temperatures that have sizzled Melbourne for most of the summer.  The past few years I have visited, it has been chilly and changeable.  The famous “4 seasons in one day”.

Malaysia is always humid, no matter what time of the year I have been there.  The one thing I need more than anything – frizz ease!  An Afro on me is not a great look but it is the same for every girl in the F1 paddock so at least I am not alone.  Big thunderstorms and tropical downpours are the norm every afternoon at this time of year but knowing it doesn’t make it any easier working in it!

I leave Sunday morning, dropping my Mum at the airport on the way. She has been here a few days so I do get to see her on Mother’s Day, albeit briefly.  Then it is Melbourne via Hong Kong eventually getting there late Monday night.  I have films to watch, books to read and time to think which is quite unusual. There is something very therapeutic about switching your phone off for that length of time.

I am really looking forward to getting there and having a day or two to catch up with friends, drink some great coffee, wine and get back in touch with the city.    

Lee x
Instead of a Melbourne pic, here is my theme tune of the day - Off to the Races, Lana del Rey
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...