Pages

Tuesday 12 March 2013

Food and Drink in Melbourne


 
Melbourne has an amazing enthusiasm for food, coffee, restaurants and bars which is great because I do too!

Last night I caught up with a friend who lives here and thanks to his local knowledge I enjoyed one of the best meals I’ve had.  We went to the Builders Arms in Fitzroy http://www.buildersarmshotel.com.au/  in the north of the city and the food was just out of this world.  I love the atmosphere in these places and the friendliness of the staff who seem to have a genuine interest in making conversation.

Today I went to collect my F1 accreditation before getting a tram up to Bridge Street for a bit of bargain hunting (unsuccessful) and a wander into the centre of town.  What I enjoy so much about the streets outside of the centre is that they all have their own identity and thanks to jet lag and walking around in the heat, I stopped for a caffeine fix and even that little uneventful break was lovely. The cafe/bars aren’t chic but they have so much character and I could have sat at the window for ages watching the world go by.

I have returned to St Kilda where I will attempt to go for a run before heading out tonight for an evening of ‘tucker’ and no doubt a beverage or two with F1 driver Mark Webber who is welcoming a few of us in the Aussie way.  He won’t be having any booze as he is a responsible athlete but as I am a guest, it would be rude not to!

I'll let you know how it goes!

Lee x
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...