Pages

Monday 11 February 2013

A well travelled camera...



I am not very good at remembering to take photos, despite my camera being extremely well travelled!  It visits in excess of 15 countries every year but rarely does it venture from the bottom of my handbag, sometimes it doesn’t make it out of the hotel room.  I am getting a little better at taking photos over the years but that is mostly down to the ease of camera phones.  I am hoping that with the arrival of my blog, this will change!

So I like to rely on camera and photography enthusiasts ie: people travelling with me who take much better photos than I do! If you are one of the talented people, or just people who remember to take snaps then you probably don’t like my type. I’m the one who turns up at your house, desk, laptop with a USB key or disc and ask “can I just get a couple of pix from ...insert location. Thanks so much, you are a star. I promise next time I will remember to use my camera.”

So you can imagine my excitement when I discovered on twitter a couple of sites that let me see the world from the comfort of my sofa.  They aren’t holiday style photos but works of art that will blow you away and stir your emotions.  @picturesearth and @stunning_earth are a real treat.  The Monkey Orchid, only found in high altitudes in Peru and Ecuador and pictured at the top of this blog is one of my favourites from @picturesearth .  Day turning to night from space on @stunning_earth is another wonderful image.   

One of the best things about these photos is that I could not have done it myself so it is guilt free and yet so gratifying, all at the same time.

Lee x




1 comment:

  1. Amazing pictures of amazing things (small ponies wearing very large sweaters and cheeky wee, monkey-faced flowers?! Just wonderful!) :-) Combined with beautiful thoughts, beautifully written. It's official .... your's is the perfect blog, Lee!! Keep it up!
    Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...