Pages

Friday 15 February 2013

Project Catwalk


 
Some days come and go and others you know you will remember for a long time. Today I was treated to my first ever experience of London Fashion Week.  I was invited to Zoe Jordan @zoejordanstudio www.zoe-jordan.com who opened Fashion Week on what was a beautiful winter’s morning in the city.

Somerset House was where the fashionistas (and me) gathered and if you are fan of people watching then oh my goodness, this was the place to be.  The thing about fashion is that it’s so subjective and what is couture and cutting edge to some is just fancy dress for others.  I played it safe in monochrome with some wonderful Rox jewellery www.rox.co.uk and my usual BIG www.twsteel.com watch and if I was better at this then I would have remembered to ask someone to take a picture of me but as it happened I couldn’t stop staring at everyone else.

The atmosphere in the Courtyard was amazing and just like what you see on Fashion TV or in the glossy mags.  The music was great, the makeup minimal and the hair sexy.  But what was so great about Zoe’s clothes was that they were beautiful, fashionable but ultimately wearable.  I kept changing my favourite piece of clothing as a new model pranced by. Sadly all of a sudden it was over and it struck me just how much work and effort had been put into those minutes and how important it is to get it right because in those minutes the designer needs to make a lasting impact. I think we can say from the reaction of the audience and journalists after the show, the impact was positive.

I had a great day and if you want a look behind the scenes and discover what it takes to put on a fashion show you can check out this video... http://www.vestiairecollective.com/
And for a taste of Fashion Week then head down to Somerset House or any of the other venues over the next few days. You can check out where and when at www.londonfashionweek.co.uk 

Lee x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...