Pages

Sunday 10 February 2013

Year of the Snake


Happy Chinese New Year.  I love the old traditions, bright colours and unforgettable noise which makes this worldwide celebration so special.  I am hoping to convince a couple of friends to head to Chinatown in London with me later today!

I was born in the Year of the Snake so to be entering into the Year of the Snake is very exciting for me - or so I am told! I started reading my Chinese astrology around 8 years ago after a brief bit of research stunned me by being so accurate.  There are so many levels to Chinese astrology and rather than just being Sagittarius in the western zodiac, in the Chinese version I am a Yin Fire Snake – above that I start to get a bit confused.

Whether you enter into the spirit of it by going to your local Chinatown or simply eating some Chinese food, make sure you read even just a little about what the Chinese New Year represents and how important it is to the Chinese culture.

Happy New Year!
Lee x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...