Pages

Thursday 14 February 2013

Preparing for take-off


 
Today I am thinking of my travels.  After 2 months in the UK with no flying, soon I will be back on the travel treadmill!  This time next month I'll be in Australia but I have a few countries to visit before I reach Melbourne.

After a hard F1 season of 19 races, I always need to stop and just spend some time in the UK catching up with family and friends and enjoying lazy days at home.  Now though I am focussing on being ready for the hundreds of thousands of miles ahead of me.

 Whilst Formula One drivers get a new car for the start of the season, I get a new suitcase!  My last one had survived 3 seasons which was a miracle really but now I have a new model.   It is amazing how important little things become, lightweight, hard case, 4 wheels, not black (so I can stand smugly as people inspect the hundreds of black cases coming round the carousel looking for theirs).

This morning was spent filling out the 5 pages of the Chinese Visa application which is always a complicated one and normally creates much cursing and reprinting of the forms!  I don’t go to China until April but I do need to be organised.  The passport I give for my Australian visa can’t be the same one as my Chinese visa as that one needs to be sent off for a week or so and it means that I might not have passport for Oz! 

This afternoon was spent trying to organise a trip at the beginning of March to Barcelona flying on to Geneva for two days before heading back to London for a few days before heading to Australia. 

Never mind the actual flying and work, travel planning from the comfort of my sofa is a tiring business but I should enjoy my sofa whist I can because from a few weeks time we won’t be seeing much of each other!

Lee x
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I guess it doesnt help when assistants/ brothers go off and get other jobs! How rude! Lol :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geneva....taking Michael on at Western riding again?
    (Martyn (Eglinton PC )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...